While there is a lot of hype around the use of soy products, it’s important to note that much of the marketing and advertising around the benefits of soy is subsidizes by major corporations that produce these products like Monsanto.
In truth, there are numerous reasons why consuming Soy regularly in your diet can be unhealthy. Here’s a rundown of the most common reasons to avoid unfermented soy:
1. over 90% of soy in the U.S. is genetically modified, specifically to increase the efficiency of farming by making it grow faster while also making it modified so that its genetic makeup includes the Round-Up herbicide formula. How’s that for tasty? You’re consuming Round-up.
2. Soy can generate allergies. The gene placed in genetically modified soy (which I’ll refer to as GM Soy) is transmitted into the gut flora where it continues to function. Should you stop consuming soy, it can remain in your body for years, potentially causing allergic reactions in your intestinal tract that have the ability to upset digestion.
3. Natural toxins known as anti-nutrient in soy. These foods have anti-nutritional factors such as soyatoxin, saponins, protease inhibitors, estrogens, and goitrogens. Each of these can interfere with the protein-digesting enzymes in your body. While trace amounts of these aren’t necessarily troublesome, they can be if you consume soy on a daily basis.
4. Soy has a potential for creating blood clots. Hemaglutinin exists in soy and has the ability to cause red bloods cells to become increasingly sticky and clump together. These clumps are not able to process or transport oxygen as well across tissue membranes.
5. Goitrogens found in soy can disrupt proper thyroid function and iodine metabolism which results in long term thyroid problems. Goitrogens also hinder the creation of thyroid hormones.
6. Phyates or phytic acid found in GM Soy stick to metal ions which can prevent the absorption of minerals in the body such as magnesium, calcium, zinc and iron. For optimal body chemistry these minerals are vital.
7. Soy is laden with isoflavones which are a kind of phytoestrogen, a plant compound that resembles human estrogen. When Soy is consumed in larger quantities or on a regular basis the buildup of isoflavones can sometimes obstruct estrogen while also disrupting normal endocrine function in the body, potentially leading to infertility and the promotion of breast cancer.
You should avoid processed foods entirely, as many processed foods are made with GM Soy. If you choose to use Soy products, it’s best to use fermented soy products. Fermented soy is the best choice for a modified diet, and even then it should be consumed in moderation much like other condiments that you use. This includes foods such as fermented tofu, tempeh, tamari and soy sauce.
Are you seeking Better Health and Weight Loss? For Real Results, Click the below button